Saturday, January 14, 2006

Trains

Trains…..

Two things have surprised me today (Friday) about trains. The first was that I had to catch a train to Bedford which is not too far away as the crow fly’s. I always have the option of train or hire car whenever I am going somewhere on business, I could have even caught a train the night before and stayed in a hotel. In the end I thought I would do a long day to accrue the hours and catch the train.

The first thing that surprised me was the cost. I know you can get cheaper tickets earlier, but £100 for a day return to Bedford is stunning. I went via London but there appeared little other choice apart from the car or some long convoluted journey around East Anglia. Price just shocked me really.

The second thing that surprised me was Kings Cross St Pancras. I had always assumed that Kings Cross and St Pancras were one in the same. I learned to my surprise it isn’t. St Pancras serves the Midland Mainline services to the likes of Derby, Nottingham, where are I know Kings Cross server the Great Eastern route up to Edinburgh and beyond.

An interesting day all round then – knackered – but interesting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home