Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Dreams.........

For some reason I ended up watching Johnathon Ross Film 2006 tonight. On there was Woody Allen discussing his latest film called Match Point with Scarlett Johansson in (http://imdb.com/gallery/ss/0416320/MP35.jpg)

Anyway, Scarlett aside, something Woody (maybe if I have a boy I could call him Woody.... mmm.), sorry, taking ages to get to a serious point. Setting that all aside something he said reminded me of two points to discuss. The first was about dreams and the other was about luck (apparently the film hinges its direction on it).

In this posting I wanted to talk about dreams. Dreams that is in the sense of ambition, desire to do something, a fantasy etc etc. It struck me that I can list down loads of things I would like to do, like to achieve or accomplish year in year out, but never achieve them. It may not be even selfish, but be a dream that my mother and father are converted to Christ etc etc. There are other dreams that I believe are probably impossible (I would love to go and be an astronaut. However without my parents or myself winning enough money on the lottery that aint going to happen - but I guess, in reflection could be possible). In this post I am really thinking about dreams that could be more towards reality if we only prayed in earnest.

As the thought developed it struck me that I rarely share my dreams with God in prayer (albeit I need to pray more anyway). I rarely like a little child pester God in love and go on and on until at some point the Father says, "ok child here you are". I understand and appreciate that the caviat in praying for our dreams is the motive behind them. I know I could ask the Lord for a ferrari, why not, God is there and God is listening. I could probably even try and pray every day for it. I do however feel in my heart of hearts God would answer - "How does that benefit my kingdom?". At that point I don't have a valid answer. I do believe though we have things on our heart that we can make a reasonable judgement on weather its leading down a selfish path or not.

Lord, hear our prayer
Lord, dream our dreams into fullfilment
Lord, burn selfish ambition to dust and shine bright ideas of purpose.

Lord, hear our prayer
Lord, make us dreamers for your kingdom
Lord, clean our minds and hearts to make room for your things and your visions.

Lord, hear our prayer
Lord, when our bodies give in to tiredness
Lord, when our minds give in to selfish sin and wicked beliefs.

Lord, hear our prayer
Lord, weave your dreams into our conciousness
Lord, blend them into a single golden thread hanging from the gates of heaven.

In Your Mercy Lord, Hear Our Prayer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home