Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Nicking Stuff Part 2

On another occassion I was at home and a rather scruffy (I have no way of politley putting it) man approached my day. I went downstairs at the man stood five feet away asking if I wanted to buy some household items. I politely refused and watched where he went. Living in a terraced house you would expect him to have gone to one of the houses either side of me. This he didn't do and wandered up the street.

I thought thats odd. So I rang the none emergency police line where they were very helpful. They took my details and details about the incidence and that was that.

At about 7pm that evening, the Police rang back to say they had found the guy and he was genuine (apparently you need a licence to do door to door sales). He had a certificate and was doing it with a mate. But like my last post about nicking stuff, I immediatley felt bad and wondered if I am being too judgemental. In the end I thought that at least I was being honest and it could have ended so much different. Better safe than sorry.

1 Comments:

Blogger Craig Deal said...

man thats a tough call, think I would have done what you did though, better safe than sorry.

8:46 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home