Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Asthma Green, Black and White

Today I had to take a double take of the date, 9th November. (bit like advent calendars in Sainsburys on September 1st). In the EDP today there is already speculation that Green and Ashton are the targets of a Mr Moyes at Everton, as well as rumours arife about those that will be sailing in and out of the tyne waters in January.....

But you know what - again I found myself not caring. I have been a football fan for as long as I remember, with Norwich being my most recent supporting acquisition. But, with Newcastle's shenanigans over the past couple of years and the rise of fall of the might yellows I find myself become somewhat "lace fare" (I don't know how that's is spelt so your gonna have to forgive me - I have never been good at Inglish).

So this care free attitude is odd to me. I think if Norwich were to be demoted to Division 1 or the Toon demoted to championship I would be concerned but currently, I aint. Norwich continue to have a fantastic fan base and I am sure will entertain crowds of 15 - 19 thousand people plus when they play. That is huge in reality for championship clubs. Newcastle fans are not having a great time, but so what. They have the likes of Shearer and Owen and a whole load of other people that make the entertainment fantastic.

I guess what I am saying is that success is not everything - its great, but its not everything. And in the end if the people like Ashton and Green move on then fine - but lets not get overtly upset and concerned about it. There are plenty of youngsters and potential waiting in the wings.

So here is to Christmas and beyond and promotion - great else lets see some good football and good banter.................. Howay the Yellows............

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home