Sunday, October 30, 2005

Football

Naturally today I went to see Norwich play (although i can't on Tuesday because I am rehearsing.
None the less it was in the end a lousy performance.

However, in amongst all the boos, shouting and the calls for heads to roll I did smile. I was chatting with the guy next to me and we were remembering about the 4-4 against Middlesborough last season, and the win against man utd, and I cannot forget Norwich beating the toon either. It was fantastic.

Then there was the dissapointment of sitting watching us give up and die at Fulham.

But why was I smiling - I guess in the end its only football. This is my third year as a season ticket holder (although my first year was only eight games that led to the championship). I smiled because I went through the promotion and championship phase - celebrated out premiership scalps ad sighed at out losses and eventual demotion. I now see last years hope fading into a tirade against the directors.

But thats football. I don't think it would be such a beautiful game without the two sides of the game. If you never experience both sides its a shallow game that your following. By experiencing both sides I am sure it makes the successes more sweater and the failures even harder.

This is the true reason why I am a season ticket holder I think. Because you can have such a rally of emotions but short terms and long term that that in alone is enough for the money.

Its fantastic - cmon city!

1 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

when we lost in the play-offs in cardiff it was such a rollercoaster of emotions but in the end we got home, absolutely exhausted, and i remember thinking "at least I know I'm alive"! I love football!

9:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home