Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Jack and the Beanstalk

I didn't actually mean to write all the stuff below, it just came out. The purpose of the posting really was to talk about the story.

Basically, when I was reading the real story to max of Jack etc, I suddenly realised that the story's main theme is Jack stealing the harp, money and chicken for himself. It is infered somehow that the Giant is bad and its ok to take it from him. I know its only a story and quite an obscure one - but it does make me think about what we feed our kids mentally without us realising it too much.

There is another book he reads that makes me think exactly the same but for the moment I cannot recall it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

totally agree with you Dave, we have a book for Rhianna in the bath that is basically about giving away what you have so that people will like you, and its only that when you're exactly the same as everyone else that you will be happy. what a nightmare! I bought it (sealed in plastic so I couldn't read it) because it said it was a heart-warming tale about sharing - instead its about conformity and needing people to like you so you give up being yourself. I think I'm going to put it in the charity shop box...

9:35 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home