Monday, October 31, 2005

Exploration of Church Thought

I think I need to think about this thought a bit longer, but I was mulling over in mind this evening why there are so many different types of Christianity and at times so extreme.

For example, Catholic, C of E, Vineyard, Baptist, Methodist to name those familiar to me, are all as I understand dealing with the concept of worshiping the same God. Yet - all have a different feel, and even within those denominations there is a wide berth of variety.

I am not going to say this is bad, and I suspect it is good. But what hope does the normal human that has had no contact with church at any level meant to understand. If they see that there is such a wide choice and with varying themes and concepts then could this possibly be disabling instead of enabling them to come to a place where they could explore what they want about God?

I wonder if the diversity of churches really reflect a selfish nature / tendancy in us to simply say - not happy with this I am going to do what I want to do and set up something I want to setup.

The thought, was at least in some way, interesting.

PS - this doesn't mean I am against church multiplication both of type, style and variety.

1 Comments:

Blogger Paul said...

Would another way of looking at it might be to say that the diversity of churches reflects the diversity of God?

PS really enjoying your blog btw :-)

7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home