Saturday, March 03, 2007

Flight v Train

Its interesting that since the new tax has been introduced, this has pushed the cost of flying (irrespective of whether you think its good for the environment) to a new level. In the past experience has been that flying low cost airlines was cheaper than getting the train (although I confess booking a train in advance could be cheaper)...

I have been looking at the cost of going to Newcastle with Max. With easyjet I found a flight out for £4 for both of us and £16 return. £20 in total for the flight. However tax works out at £64. Thats £64 for the government fund and I find this somewhat distasteful - I don't pay this in car tax for six months - even though I use the car far much more.

I dont want to drive to Newcastle either but may have to think about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home