Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Christian / Catholic Adoption

I have noticed on a few peoples blogs, well some, that this has become a hot topic.
The subject really is centred around the Catholic stance that children should not be adopted into same sex marriages. I cannot help think this is not about whether a child is loved, nutured, brought up correct with good morals, but more the stance the church takes against homosexuality.

At a basic level I understand their view however I think there is very little measure in the arguments. The reality is that a same sex couple is (from a sin point of view) doing nothing different from a hetrosexual couple. The people in a hetrosexual couple still sin, and can be responsible for adopting and bringing up children. I can only then imagine that the church's objection is purely on sexuality and its consequences and mixed messages.

Christians have become more tolerant and accepting of homosexuality in general and thats great. To be clear I think the bible is clear that the act of homosexuality is wrong, but I do believe we live in a broken world where our human bodies are torn to shreds and messed around through sin over the years. I believe God's intended way was a man to be with a woman and not that of a man with man or woman with woman. However someone that is homosexual can still be loved by God, can still no Jesus and have a relationship with him and thats that. So thats my brief view on that.

I would rather a child was handed over to a loving set of people that had nothing more in their intentions but to raise a child lovingly, caringly and thoughtfully than be handed over to a care home / foster homes or in fact, a series of them. This argument has little to do with whats best for the child and more to do with Christians being pompus again and not voting for common sense.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ben F. Foster Esq. (c) said...

Amen,

where there's religion there's pharicies, that's what I thinks.

My thoughts: Linky Link

11:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home