Friday, January 12, 2007

Toys

Its some silly hour in the morning and both kids are demanding me to play, one has left a parcel for me on her play mat and the other is asking me to call fireman sam as there is a crocodile in the computer.....

It made me think about what toys and stuff I played with when I was young. In recollection I think there where probably four main items that I recall from my pre-school / primary school age:

Marbles - marbles where massive and very expensive. I remember though my dad who until recently worked on ship repair bringing me back some large 5cm ball bearings. Now to those who played marbles (and it may be different across the country) these were called ironies. They didn't last very long, I managed to bounce one of the floor into the glass bottomed panel door..... ooops....

Star Wars - I think Star Wars originally came out in 1977 which would have, at best made me 2 1/2 to 3 years old. My time over the next ten years or so was consumed by star wars figures and space craft and I still love the films nowadays.....

Transformers - "Robots in disguise" - I loved these toys and was quite lucky in terms of I had so many. Transformers if you don't know are machines / objects that turn into robots. In my previous posting you would have seen an advert for the upcoming transformers film.

Other toys - other toys I remember is a telephone set. They came with about 50 feet of wire between the two and rang. A little square game with lights on - you could play various colored puzzles. BBC Micro B - this was great and launched my career. I basically played games on it with a mate for hours and hours. Its great nowadays as you can get an emulator for BBC (as well as spectrum / acomdore / etc) - my favourite game and I have this on my PC is Chuckie Egg and Fat Man Sam.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mark Tiddy said...

I bought some marbles the other day for a talk...but never used them! :(

Btw what did you think of Matt Redman's new album? I see it's in your listening to list!

10:57 AM  
Blogger monty said...

Hey mate

I think this new album of his is much better than a lot of the rest he has produced. I understand a lot it is born out of writing whilst on tour and based on some family stuff. To that end I think there is an intimacy to a lot of the trackness which appeals to me. To that end I find it a great worship album (albeit is his first studio album since 2002/03)

Have you heard it, what do you think

11:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home