Thursday, January 04, 2007

New Year, New Changes, New Challenges

For those that know me you will know that I have a close relationship with Ipswich (apart from the football, damn blues). For those that don't I basically moved from the North East in August in 1997 to Ipswich for a graduate job with British Telecom.

Through various means and ways I met Emma in Norwich in 1999 and eventually got married in 2001. We decided because (a) Norwich is nicer than Ipswich and (b) Emma needed to be here for her job I would move to Norwich and commute to Ipswich. This initially meant a drive from Dereham to the train station every day, then the train to Ipswich - and the return journey on the evening. 5 years ago though we moved to where we are now.

For the past few years most will know I have worked from home but commuted regularly when needed to Ipswich as that was where my team worked. However, through changes in BT which I won't go into here, the team I have worked in for 7 years is no more and I have a new role, in BT, working for another team. This team is based in Leeds, Sheffield and Newcastle and therefore it is unlikely I would be travelling back to Ipswich for anything much.

So today was quite moving, interesting, sad and exciting in one go. New year, new changes and new challenges lay before me and it should be interesting.

2 Comments:

Blogger sparkles said...

bit of a bigger commute then?

6:02 PM  
Blogger monty said...

I suppose, but I have never really seen myself as a "commuter" since I work from home. My new manager tells me they do a lot over conference calls so it could in fact mean that I am actually doing less travelling in total....

7:45 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home