Thursday, July 12, 2007

Horcruxes - a theory

Hi

First if what I say is obvious, don't tell me so.
Second - don't read this if you haven't read half blood prince in the Harry Potter series.

Now for those that have. I have just finished reading for the 2nd time Harry Potter and the Half Blood prince. My theory surrounds the fact that there are supposed to be seven horcruxes and as far as I can tell, Deathly Hallows will have some focus on that. My theory is that I suspect that Harry is the seventh Horcrux.
So, withouth reading the last book, here is a prediction - happy to be wrong.
He will destroy all the horcrux's and will kill Voldermort, however, to ensure Voldermort doesn't return then he will need to kill himself or be killed.

The reason I think this is the case is because Harry seems to possess attributes of Voldermort - special magic powers and be able to speak parceltonque. He is also "marked" via his scar.

We shall see - but this month is great for Harry Potter fans.

4 Comments:

Blogger Phil said...

Hey Monty,

Very popular theory on the net, along with 'Dumbledore's not really dead'.

My main reservation is the books (limited) description of how to make a horcrux says that it is a complicated spell and Voldermort doesn't appear to say it. From all of the flash backs, all we see is Avada Kedavra.

It's possible but would require a depressing end to book 7 and I don't think it's what JK has in store for us.

Still, not long to go...

7:30 AM  
Blogger Helsalata said...

I have been convinced for a long time that Harry will die in the last book. There are lots of reasons for this including your one that there is too much of voldemort in Harry himself for him to carry on living. Self sacrifice has been an ongoing theme in her books and I think Harry will be happy to lay down his life so that the rest of wizard-kind can live without the Dark Lord. I'm also not that keen on Harry either so I hope he does go!

I hadn't thought that Harry might CHOOSE to die in order to finally kill off V but I quite like that idea. Maybe he chooses to go through the Veil in order to be re-united with Sirius and his mum and dad? Seems quite a civilised way to go.

Not long to wait until we know the truth.

8:25 AM  
Blogger Craig Deal said...

never read any of the books but have found Scott Mills very funny last week when he said on air he knew the end of the book and harry dies, of course he hadn't seen the end of the book but people who heard it were really mad, was really quite funny!

10:00 AM  
Blogger ZannaBanana said...

Ha!!

You were so wrong...

Susannahx

10:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home