Thursday, March 02, 2006

The Quiet Zone Part II

I sat on the train again today IN THE QUIET ZONE.
Man, it makes me angry.

The inspector came along and said "OOOh, double whammy". Not having a clue what he was on about I questioned him, something like "Eh? What? Eh?"

He explained that because I was in the "QUIET ZONE", I was not allowed to use my mobile or my laptop. He went to great pains to explain not even a personal stereo is allowed. I explained the sound on the laptop was off, that the keys could not be heard and the phone was on silent.
His reply (he was very nice about it to be fair) was that no electrical equipment is allowed in the "Quiet Zone". Sorry, Quiet Zone my ar**.....

How farsicle is this. So, even though I am being quiet and someone with a newspaper is making more noise rustling, or someone coughing, I am castagated because its "electronic".
I told him I thought this was stupid but was polite back.

I now intend to write to One indicating my annoyance at this. The only reason this is a quiet coach is because ONE recently aquired new rolling stock, and although I cannot prove it, I am sure that they simply didn't remove the labels etc.

Quite annoying, quite irritating, rather farsical and just damn stupid......

6 Comments:

Blogger Paul said...

I'm not a great fan of one. One of my letters this morning was them acknowledging a recent complaint.....

7:07 PM  
Blogger sparkles said...

one gave me a full refund when I was delayed by 90mins.

Although yesterday they failed to have any heating on my train for my hour long journey to Norwich. GNER were fine for once. I was freeeeeezing.

11:34 PM  
Blogger Helsalata said...

I can understand why they do it, although it's irritating for those who are unaware and just try to get on with what they need to do.

7:14 AM  
Blogger joolians said...

makes my blood boil mate just thinking about it. problem is, they are used to dealing with inconsiderate twits and thus we all have to suffer.

10:08 PM  
Blogger monty said...

Joolian

I agree, being a seasoned traveller on the train most of the people on there appear to have a character change (power) and become very inconsiderate.

However, in defence of the member of staff that "told me off", he was very polite and seemed to understand my reasoning that I was being quiet but he had to follow the letter of the law....

6:55 AM  
Blogger Balaji said...

:-).
It is annoying. I sometimes feel that people make hue and fuss about the most small thing and at the same time..just ignoring the bigger picture. I guess ONE should think, about what is the purpose of having a QUIET coach rather than blindly following what some other networks have introduced.

5:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home