Sunday, February 26, 2006

Sky

Sky as in, Sky TV

I have been a long serving customer of Sky. For about 7 years.
About 2 years ago I got Sky+ installed and its been great to be honest, no complaints.

However, over the past month I have noticed two distinct problems.
The first was that programmes I was watching and recording were not playing back properly.
The second was that I realised I had not been receiving the Sky magazine.

On the first point, I ended up paying £65 for an engineer to come out and solve my problems. This was because I my system was out of warranty. I was dubious whether it would make much difference. However, the £65 included 3 months warranty and they replaced the whole system AND redid the cabling more effectively to get a better signal. This alone was worth the money.

On the second point, I rang up and spoke to one chap and explained I had not received it for at least a year. He said I or Emma must have rang up and requested the Opt out option. This I knew was total rubbish and the first guy said there was nothing he could do. So I said, in that case pass me onto someone to talk to about cancelling my subscription. He did this, and the next woman was very polite. She apologised profusely and she reduced my subscription by half for the next three month.

So - in a company where the service etc is generally excellent, when something went wrong, they were very good to me. This is the way I expect to be treated. Great.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home