Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Apologies and Update

Apologies if you have been looking for new posts, life has been hectic as well as not being well. Hopefully as I come to the end of March work life gets a little easier. None the less, here is a list of things that have happened since my 10% post last....

1. Won "Fat Boys" competition at work. This was a conglomerate of men who put a tenner in a hat, and whoever lost the most weight won the pot. As you can see, I have lost quite a bit since we started in January. This made me £120 (of which I then have to take 12 people out for lunch, which is a eat as much as you like buffett funny enough).

2. Recent work event called a "Hot House" I won an IPOD Shuffle. Which is nice.

3. Going to New York on 4th May (not long now).

4. Ordered my new camera (Canon Powershot IS S2) - review found here, along with the following memory card, detail here. I got this card because (a) its very fast, (b) durable, (c) 1Gb should be enough. I was recommended in several places to get the fastest card you could afford. I choose not to go with a digital SLR because of cost really. This camera also came with bag loads of great reviews.

5. I have been asked to be part of a worship team leading a Saturday Night conference in June for young lay readers (I think) of the Church of England and Europe. Bizare though this might sound, it came about via the British Telecom (my employers) Christian Network. I am not sure if I will be "leading" the worship - but should be good.

6. Thought I was going to Barcelona in June with work, now I am not :-( as there wasn't enough funding available. Oh well never mind. Maybe if I can persuade work to pay for my hotel and flight and persuade the Conference organisers for a free pass they might let me go. MMM gonna send that mail now!

7. Had a nasty cold where I couldn't speak (Emma said it was a blessing in disguise) - harsh.

8. Lost 4 1/2 more pounds which is a miracle cause dieting has been difficult being away from work and some social events compounding that. Still onwards and downwards.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home