Saturday, August 12, 2006

Cider....

I have always liked cider but over the past month or two I have seemed to have rediscovered it (unfortunatley via mass marketing).

My friends came down in July and when we were out one afternoon I didn't fancy lager, again. So I had some Magners cider ( you would have seen the advertising). Been lovely drinking it, especially with a tonne of ice in the glass. http://www.magnerscider.com/about-us/

The other is Frome Apple sweet cider. I have had a few friends drinking this and they thought it was one of the best cider drinks they have ever had. At 4.5 % its a weaker cider than most, hence the compromise in taste, but its Apple sweet is true to its word and is so drinkable. It can be bought in Tescos and has won many awards, details can be found here http://www.henneys.co.uk/products.htm


Enjoy a lot............. And use ice, it really makes a difference.

3 Comments:

Blogger Paul said...

I'd have never have thought of ice in cider until the adverts.

Love the track in their tv ad. Anyone know what it is?

7:48 AM  
Blogger monty said...

I think it might depends when you watch it - one of them is Sunshine Superman by Donovan for the Summer advertising campaign.

The summer one is the one that ends with people apparently outside a nice pub.

9:18 AM  
Blogger Craig Deal said...

ordered magners at a wedding other days as the large was flat and the real ale off, didn't like it I'm affraid, hadn't seen the advert so didn't know you were ment to drink it with ice

3:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home