Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Spaces for Sport

I attended the opening of Carrow Park the other day. This is a Barclays Spaces for Sports scheme where land is rejuvenated for sports facilities. I have to say it looks pretty good. Here are a few famous / nearly famous faces at the opening:

Nigel getting a worthy grilling.



Byran Gunn (I think and Norwich MP Ian Gibson)


Robert Green looking like he needs to go to a weight watchers meeting.


Delia and Roger Mumby (I believe) announcing the opening.


The park itself (Astro turf, basketball court, kids play area and changing facilities).

4 Comments:

Blogger Phil said...

Let's hope it get's the use it deserves.

(2nd pic includes Dr Ian Gibson.)

8:23 AM  
Blogger Paul said...

Where is it? Near carrow rd?

9:54 PM  
Blogger monty said...

Paul, Its just behind Kerrison Road. I believe people used it as a car park for the football.

12:25 AM  
Blogger Balaji said...

Interesting. Do read my blog on the new season.

http://puranijeansaurguitar.blogspot.com/2006/08/norwich-citys-new-season.html#links

6:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home