Thursday, April 20, 2006

Panorma Shots

My new camera has a clever function called stitching.
It essentially allows you to create panoramic shots and the software sticks it back together.
Imagine you taking a panaromic shot with a standard film camera, you would take three pictures and try and use something to line up the pics on the horizon. Well, on the camera it does the same but shows you the previous picture you took so you can align it.

I thought at first this wasn't going to work too well. I tried putting them together in Paint Shop Pro but that was too difficult. Then I found the camera had installed some software that did it for me automatically, bonus.....

Here is some basic examples:










4 Comments:

Blogger Craig Deal said...

oooo whos got his new camara then!!!

8:39 PM  
Blogger Helsalata said...

That's cool! HOw big can you go? Or could you possibly do 360 degrees? Now that would be cool!

7:52 AM  
Blogger monty said...

Yep. I can do 360 degrees I believe, I will try and give it a go and post it here.

6:13 PM  
Blogger Paul said...

Now that would be very cool!

9:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home