Sunday, October 08, 2006

Advertising, damn it, really annoys me

Apologies for the swearing in the blog (don't get me started though on what is and isn't swearing - thats another posting).

I was watching a recording on Sky+ tonight from Wednesday. On here I noticed an advert for Anadin - Double Strength.

http://www.anadin.co.uk/products/ultra/double/

What annoys me is its advertised as a wonder product but the truth of the matter is that it simply is 400mg of ibuprofen tablets where the recommended dose is 1 tablet (1 x 400mg)- compared to normal ibuprofen that is 200mg tablets where the recommended dose is 2 tablets (2 x 200mg).
Essentially the same amount and probably costs more. Just find it irritating really.

Furthermore, I wonder if there is any difference from a boots own brand 400mg tablet and this anadin double strength apart from the price difference being massive.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The placebo effect here isn't to do with pain relief but more the relief that you are buying a brand. It's trusted, it's safe and you know you fit in with the ethos of the brand. Give me the cheapy ones that have the same ingredients any day!

2:27 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Good point well made, this bugs me too.

8:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home