Monday, November 28, 2005

Bridesmaid Dresses

On the Thursday 17th of November the car load of three of us finally travelled up to Bromsgrove (near Birmingham) for Emma's brothers wedding.

The journey was fine until I missed the M42 turning on the M6 and proceeded in my shear madness and stupidity to think I could drive through Birmingham City Center at 4.30pm without minimal conjestion. How wrong I was.

Not only was I drove to mad distraction because I missed the turning, everyone seemed to be on the road I had to be on. Naturally there was the road work etc. So for 13 miles we dragged along for ages. Only to encounter my next "issue".

Just as things were picking up, traffic was moving, there was a hollow scream from my passenger. It wasn't Max! It was my wife. In a nice calm manner I asked "What the bloody hell is wrong man you've just cut my life in half" - her retort proceeded to sink my bum further into my seat and finally remove any nails I had left leaving them embedded on the stearing wheel.

SHE HAD FORGOTTEN THE BRIDESMAID DRESS.

To cut a fairly rude and unpleasant story I said "Oh well dear, no problem, I will simply drive back tonight and pick it up". This I did after copious amounts of caffiene. I returned back at the hotel with the dress and ready for breakfast at 8.30am - not bad going I reckon.......

1 Comments:

Blogger Craig Deal said...

hehe I know I shouldn't laugh, that does suck!

10:15 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home