Friday, October 14, 2005

Weekend Is Here

Weekend Is Here!

This week has been a tiring week but enjoyable. Having to travel to Ipswich then catch an hours bus ride, study on a course and return is tiring enough. To combine that with rehearsals for Oklahoma! on the Tuesday and Friday is just as bad.

Anyway, that’s over now and I have a bottle of wine in the fridge chilling while I type this up.

I was listening to a song on my iriver player today by Tim Hughes (from his album When the Tears Fall). Generally this album is a lot better than the first and I think his song writing eclipses Matt Redman now in many ways. But the words are just great:

I've had questions, without answers
I've known sorrow, I have known pain
But there's one thing, that I'll cling to
You are faithful, Jesus You're true

When hope is lost, I'll call You saviour
When pain surrounds, I'll call You healer
When silence falls, You'll be the song within my heart

In the lone hour of my sorrow
Through the darkest night of my soul
You surround me and sustain me
My defender, forevermore

I will praise You, I will praise YouW
hen the tears fall, still I will sing to You
I will praise You, Jesus praise You
Through the suffering still I will sing
© Tim Hughes

I can’t say I have ever been through the darkest night of my soul in my life – indeed there have been moments of sadness, but nothing has heavy as this. I have never lost something or someone so close to me to bring me to that point – but I am sure it will happen.

However, I do know that I have questions, and often never have the answers. Or, could it simply be that I never hear the answer I expect and therefore effects my perception of receiving answers.

I do know though that God is full of Grace since he bothers to sustain little old me.

A big Champion to that one…. Off to retrieve my wine before its frozen………. Slushy Puppy I do not want.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home